skip to main content

Will I need a green card for driving in the EU, the EEA and Switzerland?

UK drivers do not need to carry a Green Card when traveling to the following countries.

      • the EU (including Ireland)
      • Andorra
      • Bosnia and Herzegovina
      • Iceland
      • Liechtenstein
      • Norway
      • Serbia
      • Switzerland

However drivers will still need to carry proof of insurance, such as policy documents, and if travelling throught the EU to other third countries, then green cards may still be required.

Check for further updates at Vehicle insurance: