skip to main content

If a haulier is doing a house move with personal belongings, and he is transporting the clients plants, does he need a phytosanitary certificate?

Yes a phytosanitary certificate (PC) must accompany consignments of plants and plant products.

A trader applies for a PC from the relevant plant health authority:

  • Animal and Plant Health Agency in England and Wales
  • Scottish Government in Scotland
  • Forestry Commission in England, Wales and Scotland for wood, wood products and bark

The driver needs to confirm with the trader or haulage company that the EU-based import agent has told the relevant BCP about the arrival of the consignment at least 24 hours before intended arrival.
The driver must carry a physical copy of each EHC or PC for their consignment. The consignments may be checked upon arrival at the EU BCP.